Install STB EMU on Firestick
In order to download and install STB emulator you’ll first need to allow downloads from unknown sources within the settings.
1. Under settings of your firestick > system > select “developer options”.
2. Enable “unknown sources” to allow installation of third party application.
3. Go to the search navigation of your firestick / fire TV and search for ‘Downloader’.
4. Start downloader and enter this url and click download
5. Now go to fire stick applications >>> manage installed applications, and find stb emu (pro) and click launch applicatio
6. you are done! Note: Never Update the stb emu app.
Awesome, we’ve now successfully installed the STB EMU emulator app onto your Amazon firestick or fire TV. The next part would be to configure the app. In order to start streaming you’ll need an active MAC address. This MAC address can be found in the settings as we’ll show you, you’ll then give this number to an IPTV provider to activate the service.
1. When you open the STB emu app for the first time you’ll see the screen below and from here you can select the “configure” option.
2. If you see a bluescreen that’s completely normal. You can use mouse cursor of your firestick remote and select upper right hand to reveal on-screen remote. Click on the 3 dots to get the drop down menu and enter the settings.
3. In the settings of the STB emu lator app select “Profiles”.
4. Hover over the “New Profile” option and once highlighted press enter . If you’re using multiple servers you can create more than one profile and switch between them.
5. Next, go into “Portal Settings”.
6. Here you’ll see ‘Portal URL’ as the first option. You will have to edit this field depending on which IPTV service you currently have. This should be given to you by your IPTV provider.
7. Exit back one page, back to the profile settings from step 5, here select “STB configuration” option.
8. Inside STB configuration you’ll see MAC Address beginning with 00:1A:79. This is the address you’ll need give your provider. It’s important you have the correct MAC address activated entered here as this is what enables STB emulator access to the server.
In the case a MAC address was generated for you edit the default MAC to match one created. STB EMU
9. We’re done configuring the app, now just keep pressing back or exit until you see the blue screen. From here use the mouse cursor and select anywhere on the screen, this will reveal on-screen remote. Select the 3 dots on upper right hand side of the screen. STB EMU
10. This will bring up the drop down menu. Here select profile twice, this will make the screen flash and will restart the portal. If everything has been entered correctly and your service has been activated you’ll see a yellow loading bar. STB EMU
11. Another way to reload the portal is to select on the upper left hand side of the screen and you’ll see option titled “reload portal”. STB EMU
Conclusion STB EMU
That’s all there’s to it, you should now know how to sideload applications like the STB EMU emulator on your Amazon Firestick / Fire TV. Here’s a quick check-list you’re still having issues with the service is not working, just make sure you go through the following checklist:
- Make sure to have the activated MAC address entered. You can always double check with your provider to confirm if the proper MAC address is being used.
- Make sure correct URL has been entered in exactly. A single typo will result in an error message.
- Make sure your device is connected to a network. This would be the most infuriating thing to discover what’s been holding you back so just double check network settings to make sure you have access to the internet.
Hope this sheds some light and make the process of setting up a little easier.